The For the People Act is a critical piece of legislation that would expand voting rights and accessibility to the ballot box for all eligible Americans.
Specifically, the For the People Act would:
- Institute automatic voter registration
- Modernize voter registration systems
- Expand early voting requirements
- Allow universal access to vote by mail
- Restore the right to vote for people with felony convictions
- End partisan gerrymandering
This bill passed in the House and is awaiting debate in the Senate. We’ve partnered with Michelle Obama, our co-chairs, and ambassadors, to launch a campaign asking Americans to call their Senators and urge them to pass this bill.
Passing the For the People Act is imperative to saving our democracy. With hundreds of voter suppression bills being introduced in nearly all 50 states, it is of the utmost importance that we do all that we can to ensure that voters are not discriminated against or left out of the process entirely. By instituting automatic voter registration, expanding early voting options, and re-enfranchising voters, we can help guarantee that everyone’s voice is heard.