Civic Nation serves as a mobilization hub at the intersection of creative communications, community organizing, narrative and culture change strategies, and high-level stakeholder engagement. At Civic Nation we house some of the most innovative campaigns organizing for progress across the country, including many of the Obama Administration’s premier mobilization initiatives. We partner with some of the country’s most influential voices, and bring together a collection of leading talent with deep expertise in their individual issue area and a collective passion for civic engagement.
Co-chaired by Michelle Obama and launched in 2018, When We All Vote is a 501(c)(3) non-partisan, nonprofit on a mission to increase participation in every election and close the race and age voting gap by changing the culture around voting, harnessing grassroots energy, and through strategic partnerships to reach every American.
The Development Manager will be the primary support for Civic Nation and When We All Vote fundraising activities and will anchor and develop the critical infrastructure for the department.
- Provide central coordination for development activities including internal and external scheduling, fundraising work plans, grant reporting deadlines and donor communications.
- Function as an information clearinghouse for all development activities.
- Provide direct support to principals on all fundraising activities.
- Track and maintain donor and prospect records, including outreach and contributions.
- Schedule donor meetings, phone calls, travel, etc. for fundraising principals.
- Manage donor acknowledgement process.
- Assist in the assembly of foundation reports and proposal submission.
- Research foundation and individual prospects. Compile background information as needed.
- Project manage and execute all donor engagement activities.
- Coordinate logistics for fundraising events including event details (venue, food, entertainment, etc.) and fundraising details (invitation, guest lists, RSVPs, etc.).
- Manage donor communications and ensure timely schedule of activity.
- Create regular fundraising reports as needed.
- Compile materials for principals meetings and speaking engagements including background information, packets, etc.
- Project manage production of external materials including internal deadlines, design process and distribution.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Preferred Experience:
The Manager should have experience in most, if not all of the following areas:
- Three to five years’ experience in an administrative or development position, preferably in a not-for-profit organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint. Experience with donor management software.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
Applicants should also have:
- A strong commitment to Civic Nation and When We All Vote’s mission.
- Strong project management skills.
- Working knowledge of c3 and c4 fundraising.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to craft successful development communication materials.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage own work.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems independently, effectively and creatively.
- Ability to simultaneously juggle multiple projects while also consistently meeting goals.
- Excellent analytical, oral communication, teamwork and people skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility and openness in responding to changing work priorities.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
This position will be based in our Washington D.C. office.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid health, dental, and vision insurance; generous paid time off, access to 401k plan, and more.
Please email your resume and cover letter to care[email protected] with the subject line: Development Manager.
Civic Nation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to diversity among our staff and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. Civic Nation does not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.