Digital Content Director
Co-chaired by Michelle Obama and launched in 2018, When We All Vote is a 501(c)(3) non-partisan, nonprofit on a mission to increase participation in every election and close the race and age voting gap by changing the culture around voting, harnessing grassroots energy, and through strategic partnerships to reach every American.
When We All Vote is looking for a Digital Content Director to manage When We All Vote’s robust email and social media program. This includes managing a content strategy and calendar, helping draft emails, approving day-to-day social and email copy, as well as overseeing an effective grassroots fundraising strategy. This would include working hand-in-hand with the communications team on overall content planning. The candidate must have previous experience running email and social media campaigns. This role reports directly to the Mobilization Director.
- At least 5+ years of experience managing and writing draft copy for large external email lists.
- Experience managing social media accounts and a content calendar
- Comfortable working in Every Action tools or a related email management system, including building web forms, and loading/cleaning lists
- Experience with editing, loading, and coding of emails
- Well-versed in digital analytics, knows what metrics to track and how to best use data to inform strategy
- Experience providing strategic advice and overseeing a grassroots fundraising email strategy
- Excellent writer, and love experimenting with tone, voice, and personality in email content
- Ability to work with diverse communities and individuals with varying perspectives
- At least some management experience required
Applicants should also have:
- A strong commitment to When We All Vote’s mission.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, writing, and communication skills.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage own work.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems independently, effectively and creatively.
- Ability to simultaneously juggle multiple projects while also consistently meeting goals.
- Excellent analytical, oral communication, teamwork and people skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility and openness in responding to changing work priorities.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line, “Digital Content Director”
When We All Vote is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to diversity among our staff and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. When We All Vote does not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.