Digital Strategy Fellow (Summer 2020)
When We All Vote is a non-profit, nonpartisan organization that is on a mission to increase participation in every election and close the race and age voting gap by changing the culture around voting, harnessing grassroots energy, and through strategic partnerships to reach every American.
Launched in 2018 by co-chairs Michelle Obama, Tom Hanks, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Janelle Monae, Chris Paul, Faith Hill and Tim McGraw, When We All Vote is changing the culture around voting using a data-driven and multifaceted approach to increase participation in elections.
WWAV is seeking a recent college graduate to join its Digital Team as a Fellow. The Fellow will support outreach efforts to close to the race and age gap in voter participation. This is a full-time, paid, three month (end of May – August) position, located in Washington, DC. Successful candidates will have a positive and professional attitude, as well as an open-minded approach to operating within a dynamic organization.
- Drafting social media content
- Drafting and editing email content
- Tracking social media analytics for weekly digital reports
- Experience with largescale databases and/or CRM, especially NGP or EveryAction
- Experience drafting emails for organizational mailing lists and using an email management system such as Blue State Digital or EveryAction
- Experience managing Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, as well as multitask
- Strong communication, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with diverse individuals and communities with varying perspectives
- A passion for civic engagement, especially voter registration, turnout, and voting rights
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line Digital Strategy Fellow – Summer. The cover letter should be concise, compelling, and include why you would like to work for When We All Vote. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
When We All Vote is an equal opportunity employer and it is When We All Votes’ policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.