Director of Data and Analytics
Co-chaired by Michelle Obama and launched in 2018, When We All Vote is a 501(c)(3) non-partisan, nonprofit on a mission to increase participation in every election and close the race and age voting gap by changing the culture around voting, harnessing grassroots energy, and through strategic partnerships to reach every American.
Civic Nation serves as a mobilization hub at the intersection of creative communications, community organizing, narrative and culture change strategies, and high-level stakeholder engagement. At Civic Nation we house some of the most innovative campaigns organizing for progress across the country, including many of the Obama Administration’s premier mobilization initiatives. We partner with some of the country’s most influential voices, and bring together a collection of leading talent with deep expertise in their individual issue area and a collective passion for civic engagement.
The Director of Data & Analytics will lead When We All Vote and Civic Nation’s data and analytics work in support of the programs within both organizations.
- Manage When We All Vote and Civic Nation’s data infrastructure
- Provide support to program staff to upload and share data with external partners
- Coordinate with The Movement Cooperative to manage experiments, the organizational dashboard and to access voter file data
- Analyze voter registration data to identify opportunities or challenges
- Analyze volunteer data and provide recommendations to staff to increase recruitment and productivity
Skills and Preferred Experience:
The Director of Data & Analytics should have experience in some, if not all of the following areas:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in data and analysis.
- Successful track record of identifying and solving complex problems.
- Experience communicating and translating complicated data with non-technical colleagues.
- Experience working with tools and software used by campaigns and non-profits for voter contact, volunteer management, fundraising, or digital engagement.
- Experience with statistical analysis and experimental design.
- Experience creating reports and dashboards, bonus if you have used Periscope.
Applicants should also have:
- A strong commitment to When We All Vote and Civic Nations mission.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage own work.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems independently, effectively and creatively.
- Ability to simultaneously juggle multiple projects while also consistently meeting goals.
- Excellent analytical, oral communication, teamwork and people skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility and openness in responding to changing work priorities.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
We especially. Encourage applicants to apply who have:
- Experience using the Civis Platform
- Moderate or better SQL experience
- Experience working with BSD and EveryAction
This position will be based in our Washington D.C. office.
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line: Director of Data & Analytics.
When We All Vote is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to diversity among our staff and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. When We All Vote does not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.