Digital Strategy Fellow and Organizing Fellow
Location: Washington, DC
Length: 3-month fellowship // full-time
Are you a recent graduate or a graduate student? When We All Vote is looking for two fellows to begin immediately or for our Summer 2020 cohort.
When We All Vote is a national, nonpartisan not-for-profit, brings together influential voices, institutions, companies, and organizations from across the country to increase voter registration and turnout, reduce participation gaps among underrepresented communities, and shift the culture of voting across the country. Co-chaired by Mrs. Obama and various other artists, athletes, and influencers, When We All Vote is encouraging millions of Americans to join our conversation and efforts to change the culture around voting this year and the years to come.
Position Description – Digital Fellow
When We All Vote is looking for a digital native to work hand-in-hand with the When We All Vote digital team providing support as the organization strengthens and grows. This position requires strong writing skills to assist with email and social drafts on a daily basis. Fellows may be asked to track social media analytics for weekly digital reports. Successful candidates will have a positive and professional attitude, be a self-starter, strong attention to detail, and the ability to multitask.
Position Description – Mobilization Fellow
When We All Vote is looking for a mobilization fellow to work hand-in-hand with the When We All Vote organizing team providing support to manage our growing volunteer program, Voting Squad Captains. This position will communicate with When We All Vote volunteers on a daily basis through social, email and online organizing tools to make sure they have the tools and resources they need to take monthly actions to register voters and get them out to vote. This position requires some past experience drafting social media for an organization or campaign. A big plus if you have managed Facebook Groups and/or managed volunteers in some capacity. Successful candidates will have a positive and professional attitude, be a self-starter, strong attention to detail, and the ability to multitask.
– A passion for civic engagement, including voter registration, turnout, and voting rights issues.
– Experience collaborating across an organization and with external partners to develop and implement successful, mission-focused content.
– Excellent analytical, writing, and communication skills.
– Ability to take initiative constructively and professionally while also taking feedback well.
– An open-minded approach to operating within a dynamic organization.
– Ability to work with diverse communities and individuals with varying perspectives.
Preferred: FOR DIGITAL FELLOW
– Have a knowledge base working in an email management system and a CRM. (BSD or EveryAction tools is a very big plus!)
– Previously helped manage Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts for a person or organization, or drafted emails for an organization’s external list.
– Familiar with basic HTML.
Preferred: FOR MOBILIZATION FELLOW
– Previously helped manage an online community, particularly a Facebook group or slack channel.
– Familiar with volunteer management.
This is a three-month fellowship experience with the possibility of extension. The fellowship is compensated and based in Washington, DC. Full-time applicants (40 hours/week) preferred.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “WWAV Fellow” in the subject line.