National Press Secretary
When We All Vote
When We All Vote seeks a passionate, disciplined and creative Press Secretary to join our fast-paced communications team as we work to change the culture around voting and help get every eligible American registered and ready to vote. The Press Secretary position is an opportunity to make national news while impacting voter registration and voter turnout – today’s most pressing issues.
As a leading nonpartisan nonprofit voting organization, When We All Vote is on a mission to increase participation in every election and close the race and age voting gap by changing the culture around voting, harnessing grassroots energy, and reaching every American through strategic partnerships. . We are looking for a Press Secretary who is quick on their feet, takes initiative, has on the record experience, strong relationships with press and cares deeply about our democracy and voting. We welcome diverse skills and experiences. Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus.
The National Press Secretary will report to the Managing Director of Culture and Communications and the Communication’s Director.
- Serve as an on the record spokesperson
- Draft and edit press releases, background pieces, advisories, op-eds and talking points
- Coordinate interviews for When We All Vote’s executive leadership team
- Build and manage targeted press lists
- Develop and pitch story ideas on When We All Vote’s successes and process
- Assist the communications director in forming and executing When We All Vote’s communications plan
- Respond to press inquiries and manage press inbox
- Occasionally support When We All Vote’s Digital team with social media content and strategic direction
- Perform other duties as assigned
A great candidate has:
- 3-8 years experience, preferably in a nonprofit, campaign or Hill position
- Minimum 1 year on the record experience
- Demonstrated experience and success with pitching media
- The ability to work quickly and efficiently under deadline
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An interest civic engagement and pop culture
- The ability to execute projects independently while exercising good judgement and discretion
- A great sense of humor and enthusiasm for their work
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus
This position will be based in our Washington D.C. office.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Extensive benefits package including full health and dental insurance coverage.
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line: National Press Secretary.
When We All Vote is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to diversity among our staff and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. When We All Vote does not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.