National Regional Organizer
When We All Vote
Co-chaired by Michelle Obama and launched in 2018, When We All Vote is a 501(c)(3) non-partisan, nonprofit on a mission to increase participation in every election and close the race and age voting gap by changing the culture around voting, harnessing grassroots energy, and through strategic partnerships to reach every American.
The Regional Organizer will support When We All Vote’s My School Votes program to engage and support educators, parents and students to execute voter registration programs. The My School Votes program provides tools and resources to K-12 schools to support voter registration efforts for students and parents.
This position is a contract position, expected to begin in January 2020 through June 2020.
- Working with the My School Votes Program Manager to support educators and youth in focus communities which will include:
- Supporting weekly or monthly calls with district and school leaders to check-in on progress and provide support;
- Connect local leaders with local community and corporate partners;
- Ensure adequate collection of data and feedback from school officials;
- Provide training and 1:1 support to educators and students.
Skills and Preferred Experience:
The Regional Organizer should have experience in some, if not all of the following areas:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in organizing or volunteer management.
- Successful track record of volunteer engagement and holding volunteers to agreed upon goals.
- Experience working on voter registration and civic engagement.
- Experience working with high-level leaders or officials to mobilize to take specific actions. Familiarity and prior experience with educators and youth is a plus.
- Experience on an electoral, issue or civic engagement campaign focused on mobilizing staff, community partners and volunteers to accomplish a shared goal.
- Experience working with a large network from remote locations.
Applicants should also have:
- A strong commitment to When We All Vote’s mission.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Strong volunteer management skills.
- Working knowledge of voting, voter registration and elections.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage own work.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems independently, effectively and creatively.
- Ability to simultaneously juggle multiple projects while also consistently meeting goals.
- Excellent analytical, oral communication, teamwork and people skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility and openness in responding to changing work priorities.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
This preference is that this position will be based in our Washington D.C. office but there may be options to work remotely.
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line: National Regional Organizer.
When We All Vote is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to diversity among our staff and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. When We All Vote does not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.