Assistant Director of Ambassador Outreach & Events
When We All Vote seeks a passionate, professional, and disciplined Assistant Director of Ambassador Outreach to join our fast-paced culture and communications team as we work to change the culture around voting and help get every eligible Amerian registered and ready to vote. The Assistant Director of Ambassador Outreach & Events will have an opportunity to assist in building out When We All Vote’s large network of talent and influential platforms to impact voter registration and voter turnout.
As a leading nonpartisan nonprofit voting organization, When We All Vote is on a mission to increase participation in every election and close the race and age voting gap by changing the culture around voting, harnessing grassroots energy, and reaching every American through strategic partnerships. We are looking for an Assistant Director of Ambassador Outreach & Events who is quick on their feet, takes initiative, has event experience, has relevant experience working with talent and their respective teams, and cares deeply about our democracy and voting. We welcome diverse skills and experiences.
The Assistant Director of Ambassador Outreach & Events will report to the Director of Ambassador Outreach & Events and the Managing Director of Culture and Communications.
- Support the Director of Ambassador Outreach & Events with executing When We All Vote’s strategy around talent engagement and activation
- Assist the Director of Ambassador Outreach & Events in developing and strengthening When We All Vote’s existing talent contacts and agencies
- Assist the Director of Ambassador Outreach & Events in cultivating and forging new contacts with talent and their respective teams for When We All Vote
- Manage special projects involving talent for When We All Vote
- Provide support for all When We All Vote events involving talent
- Manage and oversee maintenance of When We All Vote’s talent database
- Help manage and oversee the work of the Culture and Communications interns
- Stay up to date on pop culture/news/trends/issues relevant to When We All Vote and its talent collective
- Draft correspondence and materials for Ambassadors and talent
Skills and Preferred Experience:
- The Assistant Director of Ambassador Outreach & Events should have experience in some, if not all of the following areas:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of public relations, media relations, events or communications experience
- Tangible media and talent relations experience, including working with celebrities, athletes, influencers, and their respective management and PR teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in varying stages of development simultaneously
- Advanced knowledge of social media platforms and pop culture
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- CRM exposure and familiarity with Adobe and Google Suite a plus
Applicants should also have:
- A strong commitment to When We All Vote’s mission.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to craft successful development communication materials.
- Knowledge of talent, media, and respective PR agencies.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage own work.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems independently, effectively and creatively.
- Ability to simultaneously juggle multiple projects while also consistently meeting goals.
- Excellent analytical, oral communication, teamwork, and people skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility and openness in responding to changing work priorities.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
This position will be based in our Washington, D.C. and/or Los Angeles, CA office.
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Extensive benefits package including full health and dental insurance coverage.
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line: Assistant Director of Ambassador Outreach & Events
When We All Vote is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to diversity among our staff and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. When We All Vote does not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.